New post ... suspended

Due to Spam, new post are not allowed.

× If you are using BS MyJspace, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory . Thanks!

For each issue topic, post your BS MyJspace version and PHP version + extra information with the 'Report to help BS MyJspace support forum for troubleshooting' from the Backend BS MyJspace Help menu.

question-circle Blocking access to blogs of other users

• Joop
  • Joop's Avatar Topic Author
19 Mar 2014 16:41 #1794 by Joop
Hi Bernard,

I just installed the latest version of BsMySpace. Wonderful software, merci beaucoup!
Perhaps you can help me with two questions:
1. I noticed that the URL is <site name>/blog/<ID>. When I switch from user, I can still use the <ID> to see the articles of another user. Is there a possibility to prevent that?
2. I would like to add the possibility to the site for a super user (not admin) to add text to the personal page of a user, so therefor I need the front-end edit function on. But the users do not have access to the edit function. How can i do this?

Thanks for your attention!

With regards,

Joop

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• bernard
More
19 Mar 2014 19:09 #1795 by bernard
Replied by bernard on topic Blocking access to blogs of other users
Hi Joop,

1/
The page (blog) url is <site name>/blog/<pageid>
<pageid> is pagename as default unless you set ‘Index.php use Pagename’ = ‘No’ (page id in such case).
If you want to block the page to other users you may ‘lock’ the page => Access level = ‘lock’ for the page. So only the owner can see his page. This can be set as default for new pages with the option ‘Default page Access level’.

2/
As default the users have access to the edit function for their own page.
To be able to share editing a page from the front end.
- Option : ‘Share Edit’ : ‘Backend only’ (to allow to configure which ‘who’ is shared the page). ‘who’ is a Joomla group
- Create a Joomla group with only ‘super users’ or use an existing one.
- From the backend, for each page (this may be the difficulty for you, there is no default group) , set the shared editing group ‘super users’ to each page. This is to be done once for each page.

So the users from the configured group will be able to edit the related pages from the frontend. They can use their own personal page list to see the list of shared pages.

More information here

• Tom
  • Tom's Avatar Topic Author
16 Jan 2015 18:47 #2167 by Tom
Replied by Tom on topic Blocking access to blogs of other users
Hello Bernard,

Thanks for the software!

the first solution does not work if the user has more than one page. The locked pages are simply hidden. Is there a way to display the list of locked pages?

Thank you.

I am using the latest version of MyJSpace and Joomla 2.5.

• bernard
More
16 Jan 2015 18:55 - 16 Jan 2015 19:01 #2168 by bernard
For the 'list' of the locked pages you can use the backend list of pages and order the pages by 'access level'.

• Tom
  • Tom's Avatar Topic Author
16 Jan 2015 19:04 #2169 by Tom
Replied by Tom on topic Blocking access to blogs of other users
Can the user see the list of locked pages in frontend? That would be cool.

• bernard
More
16 Jan 2015 19:06 #2170 by bernard
No because it's locked to do not show it!

Moderators: bernard