New post ... suspended

Due to Spam, new post are not allowed.

× If you are using BS MyJspace, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory . Thanks!

For each issue topic, post your BS MyJspace version and PHP version + extra information with the 'Report to help BS MyJspace support forum for troubleshooting' from the Backend BS MyJspace Help menu.

question-circle Show model page in page list

• Page list view
  • Page list view's Avatar Topic Author
06 May 2014 19:55 #1842 by Page list view
Show model page in page list was created by Page list view
Hello Bernard,
I know I have asked that before but I think it would be really great if it will be possible to see the model page name in the pages list. Maybe there could be an option to show / hide different columns. I would prefer to hide date created and have model page name in that column. Is there any way how to change it?

Thank you for you help

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• bernard
More
06 May 2014 20:52 - 07 May 2014 15:03 #1843 by bernard
Replied by bernard on topic Show model page in page list
Hi, are you Dalibor? :whistle:

Things are not 100% clear/sure for me, I need some confirmation (can you confirm or not, each one?):
- Are you speaking about the front-end view=pages (not the search view)?
- Are you really speaking about the 'model page' or about page 'description' (this is related to a previous discuss)?
- The page description is 'now' visible when rollout on page name? Not enough? In which column do you want it (preference?)?
- If it's about page description are you interesting about a specific development for this view to add the column?

• Dalibor
  • Dalibor's Avatar Topic Author
07 May 2014 18:24 - 08 Jul 2014 16:19 #1844 by Dalibor
Replied by Dalibor on topic Show model page in page list
Hello Bernard,
yes thats me :)

First of all thanks for you answer and for your great work.
Let me answer your questions:
Yes I am speaking about front end view pages as shown here: cl.ly/image/0o0R3D3Y2c3H
I would like to have model page name column instead of creation date as shown here: cl.ly/image/390k2D292i3g
Page description is fine, is visible when mouse over but my users only create pages based on model pages which has meaningful name and for them its important to see that name to recognize which page is which. For example model pages name cats and dogs. Then thy see this in the list and they click on cats if they want to open or edit this page.
So I wouldnt touch page description just replace or add option to chose which columns to show in this front end view.
Did I make it clearer?

Thank you

• bernard
More
07 May 2014 19:05 - 08 Jul 2014 16:19 #1845 by bernard
The difficulty for such approach is that 'the original' model used to create the page content is not memorized! So it can be used to be displayed later.

* Usage proposal:
You create a category for each model and you use the category for the model configuration (see the doc for model and use BS MyJspace >= 2.3.1 but the view need to be completed/updated). When the page will be created it will use the related category for the page. Or course you need to disallow the ability to change the category for frontend user (existing option).

If the proposal (category usage) fits to your usage you can rename the column 'Category' to 'Model Page' (with an updated to add the column). With such usage you will be able to search pages per category (model for you) too.

BS MyJspace 2.3.5 2.4.0 will include some changes for the view 'pages' including the category field display. Some are already in use for the demo part on this site.

• bernard
More
02 Jul 2014 22:46 #1856 by bernard
Final BS MyJspace 2.4.0 available!

• Dalibor
  • Dalibor's Avatar Topic Author
15 Jul 2014 09:00 #1858 by Dalibor
Replied by Dalibor on topic Show model page in page list
This is great! Exactly what was needed. Thank you.

Moderators: bernard