New post ... suspended

Due to Spam, new post are not allowed.

× If you are using BS MyJspace, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory . Thanks!

For each issue topic, post your BS MyJspace version and PHP version + extra information with the 'Report to help BS MyJspace support forum for troubleshooting' from the Backend BS MyJspace Help menu.

question-circle 1) Category and 2) image proportion in search page

• Jackomo
  • Jackomo's Avatar Topic Author
21 Sep 2014 12:11 #1895 by Jackomo
Hey hello,
and thanks for your great extention!
I am trying it, and just noticed two little details I can't understand whether there is a correct way to do and I don't get it, or they're little bugs.

1) even if I set to show categories in the administration search menu page, the front end site page does not show it (while with title, description and content it's all ok...)
2) is there a way to avoid the image in the blocks (front end search page) is stretched to 4:3 proportion, and instead force it correctly scaled to the constrained block height or width?

Thanks a lot!!! :-)

J.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jackomo
21 Sep 2014 12:13 #1896 by Jackomo
Sorry, I forgot! I am using MyJSpace 2.4.2 on Joomla 2.5

Jackomo wrote: Hey hello,
and thanks for your great extention!
I am trying it, and just noticed two little details I can't understand whether there is a correct way to do and I don't get it, or they're little bugs.

1) even if I set to show categories in the administration search menu page, the front end site page does not show it (while with title, description and content it's all ok...)
2) is there a way to avoid the image in the blocks (front end search page) is stretched to 4:3 proportion, and instead force it correctly scaled to the constrained block height or width?

Thanks a lot!!! :-)

J.

• bernard
More
21 Sep 2014 14:53 - 21 Sep 2014 15:27 #1897 by bernard
1/ for ‘display type’ = ‘wall’ & ‘blocks’ such option usage for category is not implemented (do not ask why :whistle: ). I’ll add for the next version.

2/ for the images size you have an option (into the menu created for the view) with min & max for width & height. So you can avoid forcing size & proportion

• Jackomo
23 Sep 2014 13:01 #1898 by Jackomo

bernard wrote: 1/ for ‘display type’ = ‘wall’ & ‘blocks’ such option usage for category is not implemented (do not ask why :whistle: ). I’ll add for the next version.

2/ for the images size you have an option (into the menu created for the view) with min & max for width & height. So you can avoid forcing size & proportion

Hi Bernard,
thanks for your answer. I manually added to the search php code the line for getting the category viewed in the block.
I'd ask you a a little favour: I am using MyJSpace in a little project which needs two categorisations. Would you be interested in adding this feature? May be you can generalize to N categories, but for me now 2 is enough. How much money and time would you ask for such intervention?
Hope to hear news from you :-) Thanks a lot.

• bernard
More
23 Sep 2014 20:03 #1899 by bernard
You can upload the component update including the category display into the last version(beta for now), or use your own :P .

I usually do not add feature when it’s requested only by one user. This one requires to update the table model, currently I do not think I’ll be enough available to manage it for a specific development. But feel free to contact me with the contact form if you want to discuss about it.

Moderators: bernard