New post ... suspended

Due to Spam, new post are not allowed.

× If you are using BS PageBreakMyJspace, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory . Thanks!

For each question post your configuration report : Joomla version, plugin version, options, usages ....

No question about extra SEF component usage with the plugin (not supported) !

exclamation-circle Parse error upon installation of pagebreakmyjspace

• cyberraxx
  • cyberraxx's Avatar Topic Author
28 Jul 2014 12:54 #1862 by cyberraxx
parse error was created by cyberraxx
Not sure if I've posted in right place and i appologise if so.

The problem im having is after installing myjspace i receive the error

parse error in myjspacepagebreak.php line 850.

This appears if i try to create a new menu or goto to the templates administration. The only work around I've found is to comment out line 850 then it works as expected.

Im using joomla 2.5.
Also this problem occurs on both my hosts Unix system and my win32 apache testing server.

Im posting from my mobile at moment.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• bernard
More
28 Jul 2014 18:49 - 28 Jul 2014 22:06 #1863 by bernard
Replied by bernard on topic parse error
Hi,

You are working with an old version of BS Myjspace pack 2.3.0, if I use the information you initially posted! The file myjspacepagebreak.php do not exists, one with the name pagebreakmyjspace.php yes but with less than 850 line in your version 2.2.1 for the plugin (more lines into more recent)!

Can you use the last version and confirm or infirm the issue?

If you still have the issue can you provide the exact filename (with folders) and the exact version & date at the top of the php file ?

• Les
  • Les's Avatar Topic Author
29 Jul 2014 22:01 #1864 by Les
Receiving a parse error after installation of either of the following two versions:
plg_pagebreakmyjspace_2.4.1b97.zip
plg_pagebreakmyjspace_2.3.4b94.zip
The error message appears to show up regardless what access is made of the site upon installation (which states is successful), even if I just access the home page url. As a result, I also cannot access the referred pagebreakmyjspace.php file to examine it.

Installation is on Joomla! 2.5.14 Stable [ Ember ] running on Linux Apache server, PHP 5.2.17

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /homepages/6/d484268078/htdocs/concrete-designs/plugins/content/pagebreakmyjspace/pagebreakmyjspace.php on line 848

Everything works fine again after uninstall, though I would prefer to use your plugin. I have searched for information on your forum and found only one other parse error message having to do with BS myjspace. In it you recommended latest version, which I believe I did use for this plugin as well.

Thank you in advance for your help.

• bernard
More
29 Jul 2014 23:21 - 30 Jul 2014 18:37 #1865 by bernard
Hi,

With the full context & error message, I think I got it. The message is due to your version of php 5.2.x. It does not accept this syntax.

I do not have such old version to test but I made an update which is supposed to be compatible with PHP 5.2.x & 5.3.x & 5.4.x. (to add backward compatibility with PHP 5.2)

Please try the last plugin ( plugin update - standalone ) update (2.4.2 beta for now) and let me know.

• Les
  • Les's Avatar Topic Author
30 Jul 2014 19:43 #1866 by Les
That immediately resolved the error issue, and all appears to work splendidly. Thank you for your speedy reply.
Les

Moderators: bernard