New post ... suspended

Due to Spam, new post are not allowed.

× If you are using BS PageBreakMyJspace, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory . Thanks!

For each question post your configuration report : Joomla version, plugin version, options, usages ....

No question about extra SEF component usage with the plugin (not supported) !

question-circle Alternative layout

• Carl
  • Carl's Avatar Topic Author
16 Nov 2014 18:58 #1924 by Carl
Alternative layout was created by Carl
Hello

I need the "see" page to be using a different template, but there are no settings for this. How can I get the "see" page to output to a different template? Or even just a simple blank php.

I'm on J3.3.6

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• bernard
More
16 Nov 2014 22:57 #1925 by bernard
Replied by bernard on topic Alternative layout
I’m not 100% sure to understand the request but:
If you need to set a specific template per page when displaying the view ‘see’ you can do it using the option ‘Templates list’ to list the allowed templates usable for a page (+ for Joomla 3.2+ install the specific plugin for this, working with the component to use the selected template).

• Carl
17 Nov 2014 12:38 #1926 by Carl
Replied by Carl on topic Alternative layout
Yes, I think this is what I need. But I can't get it to work.

I have 2 templates installed on the site, gk_news2 and gk_instyle. gk_news2 is the default and I want the user to use gk_instyle.

In the template list box, I've entered: template_id:11, which now shows as 11 in the drop-down list, in the user admin panel, but nothing changes.

The plugin is installed and active, but I'm just not sure how to implement this feature.

• bernard
More
17 Nov 2014 21:18 #1927 by bernard
The id need to be used first, befor the label
The 2 template will be available for the use page configuraiotn to set the one you whant to be used withe th epage.

• Carl
18 Nov 2014 01:26 #1928 by Carl
Replied by Carl on topic Alternative layout
Thanks, that's great, I understand now, and works like a dream.

Now, is there any way to make this setting the default template, for the view="see"?

• bernard
More
18 Nov 2014 21:08 #1929 by bernard
For specific default assignment, you need to do it like for any other component view.

=> Joomla Back-end / Menu Extensions / Template Manager / Click on the requested template link (column Style) / Tab Menu assignment / Select the MyJspace view see into your menu usage / Save !

Moderators: bernard