New post ... suspended

Due to Spam, new post are not allowed.

× If you are using BS PageBreakMyJspace, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory . Thanks!

For each question post your configuration report : Joomla version, plugin version, options, usages ....

No question about extra SEF component usage with the plugin (not supported) !

exclamation-circle Issue with caching on introtext of K2 items

• Yiota
  • Yiota's Avatar Topic Author
15 Jun 2015 13:25 #2281 by Yiota
I have a Joomla! 3.4.1 with K2 SVN version 2.7.0, both plugins installed and enabled with K2 nocache pagebreak v1.0.2 and Pagebreak - MyJspace v.2.5.2.

I have this strange issue where the introtext in all K2 items delay the exact time I have set up for cache. The problem is that ONLY the introtext is being delayed and not the rest of the article which is very strange.

If I switch OFF the nocache plugin the issue is resolved but the pagebreak doesn't work.

Do you have any idea on how to solve this issue?

Thank you in advance,
Yiota

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• bernard
More
15 Jun 2015 20:14 - 15 Jun 2015 20:55 #2282 by bernard
Replied by bernard on topic Issue with caching on introtext of K2 items
Hello,

I am not able to reproduce the issue, so I ask you some questions to help to find a way:

- Do you have the same issue with K2 2.6.9?
- Can you re-explain or explain in a different way (may be picture of what do you have and what is expected)?
- What is you system cache option? 'ON Conservative caching'?
- Can you turn of the 'Search Engine Friendly URLs' option? And provide the K2 article url when it's not working (starting with index.php in enough)?
- Are you using any SEF component?

• Yiota
16 Jun 2015 11:24 #2285 by Yiota
To answer your questions:

- I haven't tested it with K2 2.6.9 because there are some bugs for Joomla 3.4.1
- My website uses the pagebreak plugin in a specific category. A while ago I faced the issue with caching where the plugin didn't work and installed the nocache plugin where everything was working OK for the pages with the pagebreak. A new issue has emerged though for all other item pages (the ones that do not use the pagebreak plugin) where the introtext doesn't show unless 10 minutes pass. Meaning that when a user visits an item page he only sees the fulltext. The introtext show after the timeframe I previously mentioned. The 10 minutes is the actual time I have set for the global caching of the website.

- ON Conservative caching
- I'm afraid not since this is a live and running site. Maybe I could in a non traffic hour if it was absolutely necessary.
- I do not use any SEF component.

Thank you in advance.

• bernard
More
16 Jun 2015 19:05 - 16 Jun 2015 19:10 #2286 by bernard
Replied by bernard on topic Issue with caching on introtext of K2 items
I updated the K2nocachepagebreak plugin with extra criteria to detect k2 and pagebreak usage or not.

You can test it and let me known ( plg_k2nocachepagebreak_1.0.3b5.zip , you may have to force the page to refresh before uploading).

If not correct, please send me the url parameters (not sef), I will try the 2.7 svn later.

• Yiota
18 Jun 2015 13:04 #2287 by Yiota
I tested it but I'm still having the issue.

The non SEF URL of an item that the introtext didn't show up until 10' passed is:

index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=2637&Itemid=140

• Yiota
18 Jun 2015 13:09 #2288 by Yiota
In fact the introtext came a little sooner than 10' but still not fast enough to sync with the rest of the article.

Would it help if I provided the K2 Advanced SEF Parameters I have set?

Let me know.

Thank you

Moderators: bernard