New post ... suspended

Due to Spam, new post are not allowed.

× If you are using BS MyJspace, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory . Thanks!

For each issue topic, post your BS MyJspace version and PHP version + extra information with the 'Report to help BS MyJspace support forum for troubleshooting' from the Backend BS MyJspace Help menu.

question-circle Search Engine Friendly Urls

• Andres B
  • Andres B's Avatar Topic Author
20 Feb 2016 16:22 #2501 by Andres B
Search Engine Friendly Urls was created by Andres B
Hi again.

I have set my website to serve SEF Urls and had a problem when clicking on the "Display" button in some parts of the extension.

Pages were located in a category named Candidaturas (Spanish). When clicking on the Admin icon and push the "Display" button, I got a 404 error message in this URL address:

www. the web .com/candidaturas/Prueba_1/15

Prueba_1 is the name of the page, and 15 its ID.

I do not understand this URL. Why the name of the page and then its ID number?

Anyway, it was solved by adding this line to the .htacess:
RedirectMatch /candidaturas/(.*) /index.php?option=com_myjspace\&view=see\&pagename=$1

As described in other thread in this same forum.

It could suffice, but I would like elaborate on the subject and ask whether there is a possibility to get a clean SEF url in this extension or not.

Best regards and thanks for your help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Andres B
20 Feb 2016 16:56 #2502 by Andres B
Replied by Andres B on topic Search Engine Friendly Urls
Sorry, I found other issue.

It works well without touching the .htaccess in all the item menus, but not in the Page Administration.

Thus, when I enter a given page I see a configuration page with a series of Actions (Edit, Display, Delete and List-New). All of them work well, but "Display", which leads to a 404 error page with this url:

www. the web .com/candidaturas/Prueba_1_empresas/15

"candidaturas" is the name of the display menu item. "Prueba_1_empresas" is the page and 15 is its ID.

If I set the "SEF urls" and the "rewrite urls" to "No" in the General Configuration of the site, I get this url and no error:

www. the web .com/index.php?option=com_myjspace&view=see&id=15&pagename=Prueba_1_empresas&Itemid=125&lang=es

The page is in two languages, as you see.

• Andres B
20 Feb 2016 17:07 #2503 by Andres B
More details.

After having configured the SEF url and rewrite urls to "yes" again, and having removed the line from the .htaccess, I get the 404 error in

www. the web .com/candidaturas/Prueba_2_emrpesas/16

But the page can be seen if you replace the url by this one in the browser:

www. the web .com/index.php?option=com_myjspace&view=see&id=15&pagename=Prueba_1_empresas&Itemid=125&lang=es

Is it possible to fix it by another RedirectMatch in the .htaccess?

• bernard
More
20 Feb 2016 19:54 #2510 by bernard
Replied by bernard on topic Search Engine Friendly Urls
For the 'see' view there is several possibility depending of the Joomla Option / Serveur options / BS MyJspace option... the combination is important.
To be coherent with the Joomla usage it is import to have each view at least once into menu to be able to set the alias name with the one you want. This is important to have it for 'edit' & 'config', 'delete' views if you want a 'SEF name' for the three views.

• Andres B
20 Feb 2016 22:13 #2513 by Andres B
Well, the following views are right for the page "usuario12" (id 18):

CONFIG: www. the web .com/candidaturas/config/18

EDIT: www. the web .com/candidaturas/edit/usuario12/18

DELETE: www. the web .com/candidaturas/delete/usuario12/18

But when you click on the "Display" button:

www. the web .com/candidaturas/usuario12/18

Showing a 404 error page.

I have set menu items to all the categories created to include the pages, with no result.

• Andres B
21 Feb 2016 15:14 #2517 by Andres B
I have been trying different alternatives with Joomla! options and MyJSpace options without any result and unless you have any explanation for this failure I think that the only way to fix it in my case is the removal of the pages ID from the url.

Thus, any of this urls:

display/page-example-1/1
display/page-example-2/2
display/page-example-3/3

work just by removing the last number, which corresponds to the page ID.

display/page-example-1
display/page-example-2
display/page-example-3

It is not difficult by editing the .htaccess file, but not very orthodox.

Anyway, I would like to ask you whether this would be a defective configuration of my page or a some problem in your extension. I mean that perhaps the problem would be the same in any other website with the same configuration.

Thanks very much for your support.

Moderators: bernard