New post ... suspended

Due to Spam, new post are not allowed.

× If you are using BS MyJspace, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory . Thanks!

For each issue topic, post your BS MyJspace version and PHP version + extra information with the 'Report to help BS MyJspace support forum for troubleshooting' from the Backend BS MyJspace Help menu.

question-circle Problem with Defect Access Level to page (ACL ID)

• Andres B
  • Andres B's Avatar Topic Author
02 Mar 2016 18:50 #2558 by Andres B
Hi.

After upgrading to the stable version by installing it over the beta, I am experiencing a series of problems.

First, the Access level of the pages created by the registered users do not correspond to the Default Access Level to Page in the configuration.

The search plugin settings are:

Page URL: Page name (Joomla!).
Use component 'search' view ACL: YES
Restrict result using ACL per page: YES.

The configuration of the component:

The owner of the page selects ACL: NO.
Defect Access Level to page (ACL ID): "7" (which is the id number of a restricted group of user, not public).

The Search menu item:

Result restricted with user ACL' = YES

Once these options set, I login as a user and create a page, then I go to the backend and see that the page access level is "Public".

Could you tell me is the settings above are the right combination?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• bernard
More
02 Mar 2016 19:36 #2560 by bernard
Are you sur that you use the 'Viewing Access Levels ID', not a group id for example ?

• Andres B
02 Mar 2016 19:48 #2564 by Andres B
No, it was the Access Level ID.

Are you sure that all this is not something as in the case of the associations; just a defective functioning of the extension in the current J! version?

• Andres B
02 Mar 2016 21:11 #2567 by Andres B
I have just tested the extension in a new installation, from the start. Everything works fine, including the search options, but I am unable to set the Defect Access Level to page (ACL ID). It simply does not work. The default user is always public.

I assume that you tested the extension and worked.

Could you please tell me the basic configuration for this feature to work (component, plugin and item)?

Thanks.

• Andres B
02 Mar 2016 21:35 #2569 by Andres B
Well, I finally found the solution. The user must be able to select the ACL, then you can set a default access level, but the field must be enabled. My problem was that I didn't want the field in the form to prevent the users to change the option.

But it is solved.

Thanks.

• Andres B
02 Mar 2016 21:56 #2571 by Andres B
Hi again.

For those who might face the same problem, and want to prevent the users to change the default selection - and obviously if Bernard has no objection - I have set the select as disabled, just to comply with the settings and allow this configuration, showing the access level option, and preventing any change.

Go to

components/com_myjspace/views/config/tmpl/default.php

in line 318, change this:

<select name="mjs_mode_view" id="mjs_mode_view" size="1">

for this

<select name="mjs_mode_view" id="mjs_mode_view" size="1" disabled>

And solved.

Many thanks for your help.

Moderators: bernard