New post ... suspended

Due to Spam, new post are not allowed.

× If you are using BS MyJspace, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory . Thanks!

For each issue topic, post your BS MyJspace version and PHP version + extra information with the 'Report to help BS MyJspace support forum for troubleshooting' from the Backend BS MyJspace Help menu.

question-circle Page URLs with the username included

• RKR
  • RKR's Avatar Topic Author
06 Apr 2016 18:34 #2633 by RKR
Hello,

thanks for your great Component! :-)

I'd like to ask if there's any opportunity to build the Page URLs with the username included?

For example:

www.domain.tld/pages/USERNAME/page_name

Best
René

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• bernard
More
06 Apr 2016 19:43 #2634 by bernard
Replied by bernard on topic User Name & Page Name in Page URL
You can use the username if you want (but I'm not sure to catch to your question ...).

If you want to automate a little you can change the naming convention rule into the options (option : 'Page name proposal rule').
The default is #username. The Possible tags are: #username, #name, #userid, #category, #catid and any characters available for pagename. It is recommended to use only lowercases characters, numbers or underscore for the last character.

For exemple you can set to #username/my_page (the pages will be automaticaly named username/my_page, username/my_page2 ...) of course this can be update later using the user page admin panel for the pages.

• RKR
10 Apr 2016 09:27 #2640 by RKR
Replied by RKR on topic User Name & Page Name in Page URL
Thanks for your reply.

I tried your suggestion, but unfortunately this is not exactly what I need.

with the rule option I change the complete page name. But i only want to built the page URL in another way.
the current url building is great. -> domain.com/"pagefolder"/"pagename"

I need to get the username or the user id between the folder and the name.

any idea? :)

best
rené

• bernard
More
10 Apr 2016 10:30 #2641 by bernard
I'm not sur I fully get your point ..., but there is no other option implemented yet.

• RKR
10 Apr 2016 19:56 #2642 by RKR
Replied by RKR on topic User Name & Page Name in Page URL
yes, i think there have to be made changes in core files. but i don't know exactly where to do it.

in general there is one folder in the root directory for the pages.
and every page gets a new folder with the generated page name. so the url is domain.com/rootfolder/pagename_folder.

what i wanted to have:
a generated url / folder structure with the username...so in the root folder for every user who has created a page, another folder with the username should be generated.

structure:

joomla root dir
- pages root folder
-- username
--- page name folder

the url should then look like:
domain.com/pagerootfolder/username/pagename

i know this function isn't implemented yet, but would it be possible by a few changes in a file?
or would it require some heavy customization?

i think this would be a great feature for the future, especially for websites with many pages.

best :-)
rené

• bernard
More
11 Apr 2016 19:04 #2648 by bernard
I understand that you want to change the folder structure too. For now, there is no such feature. To make the update and to create such ability and have all the other functions keep working, there is no not only ‘one change’ but much more to be done.

I may add such ability into a future version (it is into my pending list ...) to add different way of folder organization for the pages (as now, pages into users subfolder, into user folder, specific folders organization for very very huge quantity of pages ….).
The job is ongoing to update the component to provide the ability to make such update easily.

May be on the next version if will be possible (nothing sure yet) to have something like a plugin or another method to add such feature to the component.

But maybe this will be ‘optional’ too (not fully included as default).

Moderators: bernard