Reply: Myjspace individual pages

NOTE: You are posting the message as a 'Guest', you can not edit the message or delete it
Please Log in or Register to skip this step.

Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
X

Topic History of:

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)

• bernard
28 Jun 2019 18:52
Myjspace individual pages

To share the results: the 2 PHP errors (and the following discussion) are fixed without negative impacts in the version BS MyJspace 2.6.7 (do not use the 2.6.6).

Important : the category filter for the views is still in beta for 2.6.x, please wait for 3.0.0 for full implement.

• bernard
17 Jun 2019 19:32

The possible ways to create the page(s):
- The user creates himself the page(s) from scratch (click: on edit or admin button) using the font-end
- The administrator create the page(s) for the user using the backend
- The page content is created when the user or admin create the page using model page (can be defined by category).
- The page (and content if model page is used) when creating the user (extra plugin is necessary).

If each page is personal and unique and pre set for each user => as administrator, create the pages from the back-end for each user.

If you still have issue to delete the page(s), as final user, from the front-end and agree to share a backup of your test site (using akeeba backup, with backup type = ZIP format), contact me using the l contact form to send me your email and we will continue private using email. I may found the issue.

• Nadja
17 Jun 2019 18:03

Thank you, Bernard. Much appreciated!

Also just wanted to let you know that I did figure out a way using your component to set up individual userpages with prepopulated questions/statements. Which is brilliant I have been looking for something like this for so long. So I can set up tests on each category of my site that will only be seen by each individual user. I didn't want to use the option of the model pages as each page would be unique and needed to be set to a specific individual question or test.

It was as simple as setting up one category for every test/question and then creating a custom module with the specific question/text that was then assigned to the menu link for that newly created category through Myjspace. And then add that menu category link wherever you want it in the site. Seems to work like a charm. Which is brilliant. So now I have individually set up pages with whatever information I want and an area on that page for individual users to create their personal content that no one else will be able to see.

Which is why I am so eager to get this working.

Thank you so much for creating this!

Warmly
Nadja

• bernard
15 Jun 2019 22:37

No issue. Your use case is interesting and have no reason to block (so we need to find where is the issue). I can’t do it earlly but monday I will redo a full install site, component and configuration from scratch and try to see what can block. Else may be we can be in touch by mail and exchange a backup of your configuration .

Bernard

• Nadja
15 Jun 2019 21:38

I have tried endless variations and no matter what I try I can't seem to be able to delete a page can't do it on the front end and can't do it in admin in the backend.

And while it seemed to be working before, I can't seem to set access level automatically to lock as you suggested previously so that nobody else can see the pages. Default page access (ACL ID) level currently set to 0. Is this not correct?

Thanks!
Nadja

Sorry to be bugging you so much but I love this extension and I think I have finally found something that can do what I need it to do!! I have been looking for ages and ages to be able to use something like this for personal use for individual users and with the ability to create a link to individual categories anywhere in the site, I can set up those individual pages throughout the site which is brilliant.

• bernard
12 Jun 2019 22:19

1.OK
2. OK
3, OK
4. OK
5. OK. You can personalize the message ‘Page Not Found’ if necessary for your use case using : Extensions / Langue(s) / overrides) with the ‘Language Constant’ = MYJSPACE_PAGENOTFOUND
6. OK
7. I do have any error & can’t reproduce it with the current information. Same using edit or admin button (may be you configured something else …)
8. OK , you can click directly to the delete button at the bottom of admin page also. if Delete is an usual usage for the user, you can also create a lonk to the delete view (with opitonal category).
9. OK
10, 11, 12. OK page delete

Can’t reproduce any issue. You probably configured something else ... May be you changed some ACL or right access for delete (or others) ?