New post ... suspended

Due to Spam, new post are not allowed.

× If you are using BS MyJspace, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory . Thanks!

For each issue topic, post your BS MyJspace version and PHP version + extra information with the 'Report to help BS MyJspace support forum for troubleshooting' from the Backend BS MyJspace Help menu.

question-circle Myjspace individual pages

• Nadja
  • Nadja's Avatar Topic Author
26 May 2019 21:54 #3201 by Nadja
Myjspace individual pages was created by Nadja
I might be confused on the capabilities of this program from what I can see we can only link to either a page which provides access for all private users to access their own private page which lists all of their own articles or we also have the option to link to an individual article by an individual user through that article id. What I would like to be able to do is to create a link/page anywhere in my site where it will only list a single page that allows all users to input into their own private information, not all the pages that the individual user has created.

What I am looking to do is to have the ability to ask questions in different sections of the site, and all individual users to have the ability to input their private information/answer right there in that section. Is that possible?

Creating a teaching site and want to be able to set individual test pages for the users.

Thank you for your help!

Warmly
Nadja

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• bernard
More
27 May 2019 18:11 - 05 Jun 2019 12:27 #3202 by bernard
Replied by bernard on topic Myjspace individual pages
The component allows the connected users to create one or more pages (theses can be organized by categories, Joomla tags …).

The component do not have native feature for other users the add comment, below a page for example (but this can be made using extra component like Jcomment, …)

Bernard

• Nadja
28 May 2019 20:46 #3203 by Nadja
Replied by Nadja on topic Myjspace individual pages
No sorry if my note was confusing I am not looking to have other users comment. What I am looking for is a way to have a page with say a test on it, and link to a single page where they can answer in private. Have their own personal page that is private to them to answer that particular question/test.

And to be able to do that throughout the site. Have different questions/test and link to a single page that they can create and answer privately. I think your software is the closest I have come to, to be able to do this.

Thanks for your help

Warmly
Nadja

• bernard
More
28 May 2019 21:15 - 05 Jun 2019 12:29 #3204 by bernard
This is not the most usual usage … but, for example:
- You can set the global default access for pages to ‘lock’ (for all pages created) into the 'Options'. This is access for users other than the page(s) owner.
- You can block (using ACL for the front-end) the page admin view to avoid the users to change the access.
- Add into the menu the ‘display’ view where the user will be able to see & edit their page(s).

=> So the user can edit & view their own pages, but not the others (from the front-end site). The administrator can access to all pages from the back-end.

• Nadja
29 May 2019 01:14 #3205 by Nadja
Replied by Nadja on topic Myjspace individual pages
Hi Bernard

I think I see what you are getting at. If this is a duplicate message please excuse me but my other message didn't seem to go through.

From what I understand the display view option gives them a link to all of their pages. What I would like to be able to do is link to a single page in different sections of the site and then have all of those pages show up. Each page would be a separate page that only one user can see and edit so they can answer the questions to the test in the different sections of the site. So when they go back to that section they can review their answers and our feedback right there.

So I guess what I am asking is it possible to do a link to a single page of myjspace for each user in a different part of the site, like what you see when you create your very first article? Not see a list of all of the articles that you created.

So 1st category they could edit a page that is theirs only that nobody else can see in category 1 where they can answer the test questions on that section. Then do the same for the 2nd category. See a different single page that they can answer their questions that nobody can see. And so on. And then if they want to see all of their pages they can go to the display view menu link. which displays all the
pages they have created.

So I guess in a way I want to be able to do multiple iterations of myjspace for different categories.

Thanks for your help.

Warmly
Nadja

• bernard
More
29 May 2019 13:10 - 05 Jun 2019 12:30 #3206 by bernard
As default, you can set a single menu link (the same for all users, to avoid redoing the job for each user) to a view which direct to the page, named for example ‘my page(s)’ in a user section.
The link can be for editing, configure list or see 'my pages' pages (by category or all). If a user has more than one single page (the max. quantity is to configure into Options) this will display a list of pages to select.

You can also set a link directly to each single page (if you have the patience to do it for each of you users & pages … and once the page is created). But usually something dynamic is simpler.

You can set a 'model' page to be used automatically when creating a page instead of starting with an empty page.

I think that you need to test the component to understand more the features & possibilities for you own usage & request. After, you can complete your requet to fit as close as possible to your needs.

Moderators: bernard