× If you are using BS MyJspace, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory . Thanks!

For each issue topic, post your BS MyJspace version and PHP version + extra information with the 'Report to help BS MyJspace support forum for troubleshooting' from the Backend BS MyJspace Help menu.

exclamation-circle Error 500 on install - could not access directory _SOLVED

• David
  • David's Avatar Topic Author
03 Aug 2019 17:43 #3243 by David
HI Bernard

Software looks great and perfect for my needs but a problem occured after installing the latest package: 2.6.7 Pack

I have downloaded and installed the latest Pack and the text messages appeared after a successful install, but now I get the following errors

An error has occurred.
500 A writable page root directory is requested. Please create it by clicking 'Save' in the <a href='index.php?option=com_myjspace&view=url'>'Directory' view<a/>.
/home/thefishi/public_html/libraries/legacy/error/error.php:200
Call stack
# Function Location
1 () JROOT/libraries/legacy/error/error.php:200
2 JError::raise() JROOT/libraries/legacy/error/error.php:277
3 JError::raiseError() JROOT/components/com_myjspace/helpers/user_event.php:973
4 BSUserEvent::check_mandatory_msg() JROOT/administrator/components/com_myjspace/controller.php:57
5 MyjspaceController->display() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:710
6 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute() JROOT/administrator/components/com_myjspace/myjspace.php:33
7 require_once() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:402
8 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::executeComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:377
9 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:101
10 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:159
11 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:196
12 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/administrator/index.php:51

Although the components, modules and plugins are installed, and teh Admin menu entries are in place I cannot access any of the mneu options and cannot click save under the BS MyJSpace admin menu. I simply see the error page generated above.

Is it possible to create the writable folder using FTP instead? If so, where should I create it?

Regards
David
  • David
03 Aug 2019 17:48 #3244 by David
EXTRA INFO
I am using

BS MyjSpace 2.6.7
Joomla 3.9.10
PHP 7.2.2
Jomres
JReviews

I hope that this helps

David
  • David
03 Aug 2019 18:31 #3246 by David
I created the myjsp folder via FTP in the root of my site and then re-installed the software.

All works fine now!

Thankyou
  • bernard
More
03 Aug 2019 18:43 - 03 Aug 2019 18:48 #3247 by bernard
Hi
Thank you for the feedback.
Due to some hosting configuration such difficulty can happen.
For your information, in the next version (3.0.0, currently on beta) the default folder is renamed /media/myjsp/ (and created during install) which avoid most errors.
Moderators: bernard